Monday, June 11, 2012

Just Something New

So first off if you haven't noticed I changed my Blogspot Title from "The Experience We Call Life" to "On a Wing and a Prayer" and I did that just because I was bored and I think it sounds better.


Swim lessons have started at my work and I'm teaching this session, although I had not planned on it.
What I mean by that is I was some how convinced to do them. I was at work one day and needed to talk to my boss Colin ( coolest guy i know) about something that was completely unrelated to swim lessons and I left his office teaching morning swim lessons. As soon as I walked out I went "Wait....what the heck just happened?" That man im convinced has a silver tongue or something, because I was very adamant i was not going to teach, but apparently no man or women is immuned to his charm.


Also for the past two Sundays after I am done with church, I have been hanging with a group of friends down at Liberty Park and playing Volleyball and Ultimate Frisbee. I don't generally play Volleyball or Ultimate Frisbee, but I have learned something new about myself....I am all about Ultimate Frisbee! It has been ridiculously fun and the company is great!  If you want to join the group we have going on please just let me know! we can always use more people.

This sunday I also had a really good friend from high school get back from his mission in London. I haven't seen him in two years and I was really overjoyed. He gave one of the better talks I have heard in church in a long time. I was able to talk to him before sacrament meeting and asked about his mission, mostly the general stuff, but I had a question that I didn't ask. that question was have things changed drastically? My biggest fear is while I am on my mission that all the good friends I have made, the bonds I have forged, the people how have touched my heart, will simply just become people that once knew. Later that night I received a text from someone I haven't talked to in while, so long in fact that she heard through a mutual friend that I was leaving on a mission. She obviously had a lot of questions about my mission and what not. Then she asked if I was scared about leaving? I told her that I wasn't scared about leaving but more so of my concern as I stated earlier. What she said really hit home for me. She said "It seems like when you leave and come back most things are the same when you return. Things always change, but always for the better." I needed to hear those words. Yes I am still nervous, but I know things will work out one way or another.


Here is some of the cool stuff I got for my mission so far.

This is a Crome backpack. this is seriously the backpack I have ever had.



O and did I mention that it is completely water proof?












Here I have a book called the message, my passport, wallet, journal, scriptures, and other such documentation that I will surely need.


No comments:

Post a Comment